The Egyptian Banking Institute (EBI) established the Research and Awareness Department 2003 to enhance discussions and raise awareness around topics of importance to the Egyptian Financial Services Industry. The department’s services include hosting events such as annual conferences, seminars, workshops and awareness sessions, exploring in-depth topics, policy making subjects, solutions and recommendations contributing to the process of resolving and tackling challenges faced by the sector.
In addition, they deliver a series of publications offered to member banks, aiming at increasing public awareness around topics of strategic relevance to the Egyptian financial services industry. Since 2010, the Research and Awareness Department held consecutive research competitions to encourage young researchers in the Banking Sector to present their vision on the financial and banking problems and help shape a better future for this sector.
EBI undertakes a wide range of knowledge empowerment events aimed at member banks, academia, researchers and government officials. Events include conferences, seminars, workshops, awareness sessions and public lectures which are aimed to offer member banks with the opportunity of staying up with changes in industry standards and practices. EBI events offer an extensive range of banking and financial related subjects; exploring in-depth topics, policy making subjects, solutions, recommendations and contributing to the process of resolving and tackling challenges faced by the sector. Besides hosting local experts and professionals, some of these events feature international visiting experts, who share their global expertise on topics of particular relevance to local professionals.
Our events include:
- Specialized Events
- EBI delivers a number of events such as awareness sessions, public awareness seminars and conferences that allows bankers and finance professionals to network and exchange views and ideas. Besides hosting local experts and professionals, EBI events feature international visiting experts, who share their global expertise on topics of particular relevance to the Egyptian banking sector. Over the past 20 years, EBI organized a number of highly strategic events with a market defining print.
- Annual International Conference
- EBI conducts its international conference on a yearly basis to tackle one of the recent trending topics in the banking and financial industry.
Our publications include:
- Financial Information: Flyers discussing terminologies associated with the modern banking and financial industries.
- Specialized Research Papers: Research papers tackling the most important and recent financial topics.
- EBI Magazine: Issued quarterly, the magazine portrays EBI’s latest achievement and news in the financial sector.
The competition is held on a yearly basis and covers three of the most recent topics within the economic prospect. The Egyptian Banking Institute Fourth Research Competition 2013 Proceeding: