Assessment Services that rely on behavioral and performance tests in addition to personal tests are considered the most important and highest demanding services currently, due to its applicability to measure the current and projected ability among employees in any organization either for the sake of recruitment, promotion or development. Many organizations nowadays are focusing on developing effective policies and procedures for selecting and developing employees that has a direct effect in achieving organizational goals in addition to expanding its competitive advantage. Accordingly, in the recent period, banks’ needs for assessment services for measuring the skills and capabilities for employees has increased in order to take the right and fair decision for hiring or promotion.
Based on the Egyptian Banking Institute’s role in supporting and developing the human resources in the banking sector, the Assessment Services Unit was established in 2015 aiming at providing organizations an ultimate tool for talent management through measuring the current and projected ability among employees in any organization. The Assessment Services Unit provides assessment services and tools in various forms and objectives, either through EBI staff or EBI’s international partners specialized in the field.
Our Assessment Services include: Assessment for Selection & Hiring, Assessment for Promotion and Assessment for Development. In addition to the all assessment tools and services EBI provides, we can provide other assessment tools and services, based on the study of the client’s needs, which is done before starting the project, to ensure the quality and accuracy of their results. All assessment tools and tests can be conducted in Arabic and English
Competency Based Interview
Through a face-to-face interview, participants are assessed according to number of competencies through the elaboration, probing and analyzing the past experiences. The interview’s duration is an average of 30 minutes per participant. Competencies are determined by the client to match the requested needs, culture, and values that complies with the workplace.
All the tests are designed by experts after identifying customers’ needs. The tests center includes different types of tests that could be used for example:
- IT Test: The IT test is a hands-on exercise to assess the basic knowledge of participants in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet. The IT test can be modified to suit the technical needs of customers.
- Banking knowledge Test: The technical test is expected to assess technical knowledge in different aspects such as accounting, finance, economic in addition to the other technical knowledge related to the banking operations. This test could be adjusted / customized according to the level of employees.
- Functional Knowledge Test: The functional tests is expected to assess the basic technical knowledge about HR, Administration, Purchasing and other technical knowledge, which is related to the managerial functions. This test could be adjusted/customized according to the level of employees.
- Ability Test: This test checks the candidate’s ability to perform a certain kind of job through measuring his/her numerical and verbal ability. The numerical ability test identifies the candidate’s ability to execute tasks related to numbers and to understand the relationship between numerical information. The verbal ability tests assess a candidate’s ability to spell words correctly, use correct grammar, understand word meanings, understand word relationships and interpret detailed written information.
English Language Proficiency Assessment (APTIS)
In line with the agreement that was held between the Egyptian Banking Institute and the British Council in August 2014 that aims at providing the latest English assessment tools, it has been agreed on that EBI will deploy ‘APTIS’; an innovative English assessment tool that is designed and developed through experts specialized in the field to help organizations identify standards of English and select staff with the right skills. APTIS tool can measure four different skills (reading, writing, listening and conversation) in addition to grammar and vocabulary, an essential part in the test. The tool has a high flexibility in the test design process, where the test could be designed based on the job requirements of the basic language skills
Why Choose Aptis?
- Language audit to identify training needs for employees
- Filtering potential future employees for and hiring
- Filtering current employees for promotion
- As a diagnostic tool to identify strengths and weaknesses of nominees seeking employment in the banking sector
APTIS tests delivery format is Computer-Based and there are several types of questions that are used:
- Order a set of phrases
- Supplement phrases through a list of choices
Furthermore, Questions’ type may vary according to the linguistic skill that is being assessed.